Friday, November 16, 2012

Perfect gluten free apple crisp!

Seriously. I would have never guessed that it was gluten free had I not made it myself. It was delicious!


So, not knowing it would be that good I didn't take pictures during the process.

Here are the list of ingredients

-4 large Granny Smith apples
-1 egg
-1 stick of butter
-1 cup of GF oats
-1 cup of pecans
-GF cake mix, I used one I had found on clearance at home goods(thought is try it because that stuff is so expensive if we didn't end up enjoying it I wouldn't feel as bad had I paid full price.)
-Cinnamon
-a little brown sugar if wanted

Set the oven to 375.

I started buy cutting my apples into cubes and through them in a casserole dish. Covered them in cinnamon and mixed them up!

Then I used 1 cup of the cake mix, 1 cup of oats, and about half the pecans and mixed that and then mixed in the egg, and then the soft butter. It seems a little dry and sticky but I went with it.
Then I spread the "dough" on the apples and it was thick so I had to just gently press onto the apples. After that I added just a little brown sugar to the top and the rest of the chopped pecans and baked it until it was nice and golden brown. About 35 minutes.

Even though the hubby said he was too full from dinner to have any, I made him try a bite and told him it was GF after and he said, "what? Really?!" Yes, dear it is!! I think it may have been the best I've had. I'm kind of shocked. I never thought a GF dessert could be delicious! It was tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Simply Suburban | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012