Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Healthy..and how we do it.


So, I would say minus some underlying health conditions, we are a pretty healthy family. So I thought i would share some of the ways we stay healthy!

I am so grateful that god has shown me and found people and things to teach me how to keep my family healthy!

So first off, we use Young Living Essential Oils. My husband will tell you that he used to be a sceptic but is no longer because he has seen them work first hand now. The few I can't live without are Thieves, lavender, peppermint, and K&B. There is something to be said about where you purchase your oils. They are not all the same.

We eat as much organic as we can manage, buy all organic meat, eggs, and milk now. Reason for this is too avoid all the unnecessary antibiotics and hormones the non organic animals are pumped full of. I don't buy a lot of fruits and vegetable from the store now that we also do bountiful baskets.

Try to stay away from processed stuff as much as possible, given I am not going to say we are perfect because we have plenty of treats but we try not to eat it on a regular basis.

We do probiotics and omega fatty acids along with other vitamins because these are things that most Americans don't get a lot of in their diets but are very neccesary.

I would prefer to build up our body's immune system and allow it to be strong and healthy enough to fight most things on its own. I would rather know we do a lot of preventative care than treating stuff as it comes. Your body as whole works together to do everything it does, the brain works to its best ability when nourished with what it needs. I feel it's my job to make sure my family has everything it needs to function at its best ability and this is part of it!

These are the main ways we keep our family healthy, what do you do? If you have any questions I would be happy to help you to the best of my ability!

 
  
I'm sharing over at
Rach Siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Simply Suburban | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012